FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Tricky Business Saver awards - ok for full redemption , unavailable for upgrade?
Old Aug 3, 2016, 8:01 am
hclee01

Programs: SIA Solitaire PPS, IHG Royal Amb, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Hhonor Gold
Originally Posted by lokijuh
The explanation you were given is not quite accurate. You can book saver upgrade awards online, but it will not apply the 15% discount unless the original ticket was originally booked online with SQ as well....

Bottom line, unless the original ticket was booked online on the SQ website, just call KF to process an upgrade. There is no advantage to booking the upgrade online, other than potentially time saving to avoid waiting on hold.
Thanks for sharing. Probably the system has changed for now. I recalled early last year when I was trying to do upgrade online on biz saver award, it simply shows as "Not Available" and I can only do upgrade on biz standard award with 15% discount. That's why in the end I had to go through the agent to process the saver award upgrade offline without 15% discount.