FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Involuntary Award Changes / What To Do (merged threads)
Old Aug 2, 2016, 9:15 pm
MrPink

Programs: Grounded
Originally Posted by arollins
What is the J configuration of the 767? if 1x2x1, then it is lay flat seat. They are the reconfigured ones and very good in my opinion, I would opt for that along with the mileage difference (prior to devaluation) back in my account.

If not 1x2x1, then its the old angle seats, not really what you seem to want. If you still want to fly F, its best to look for an AA route that has F on it. I've had mixed results in the past asking AA to open up space on BA on equipment changes in the past. Its easier to accommodate on their own metal as opposed to BA.

Just because you booked so far in advance does not guarantee anything, actually, you have a higher chance on schedule & equipment changes. You also have the option to cancel the trip and get a refund.
aa.com suggests it's a 1-2-1 seat arrangement, so new config? The MIA-SFO leg remains a 738 in F, which is OK I guess (and not a change AFAICT). I'm guessing I can get the pre-deval 50k mileage level if I opt for the refund?

Otherwise the AA BCN-JFK-SFO seems like a net upgrade if I can get them to open space?