FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 7:55 pm
flyer4512

Originally Posted by sdsearch
I don't know why your one experience seems to be counter to everyone else's experience. Perhaps you were denied the bonus for a different reason, like the system thought you had applied in a way that didn't include a bonus? (Citi has been making online signup offers lately that include no signup bonus at all, for cards that have other online signup offers with signup bonuses.)
This was about 13 months ago and I used the the ( new at the time) 70 or 75K link ( I think it was 75K/$2k but I don''t have my spreadsheet so I'm not 100% sure) from the Wiki as the old churnable 50K link had just died.

The CSR told me that I already had the card ( Hilton) and that I would not be getting the bonus, since I had about a dozen HH cards open at that time I doubt he felt the need to explain any 18 month rule to me.

As far as my last DP there is absolutely no reason why this new bonus won't post as forget the 24 months, I don't even have a record of him having the Platinum AA MC before and thus no need to wait for a letter, the clock on the Citi page, etc.

One of the reasons I made my original post was to let people know that link actually brings to to a 40K/$1000 app as the wording on the landing page says 40,000 miles but it also has a banner saying 50,000 reasons to get away ( same banner as the 50K app) so some may be wondering what the actual bonus is.

Last edited by flyer4512; Aug 2, 2016 at 8:29 pm