FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is there any difference between AA, DL, UA?
Old Aug 2, 2016, 1:07 pm
AANYC1981
Suspended

Programs: DL Diamond, AAdvantage EXP, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by Box10
Is there any service difference between American, Delta, and United, particularly for domestic cattle flying? I cannot think of many other than schedule and price. All three now have what they call is a free snack (Biscoff or similar small cookie) and have a revenue based frequent flyer program.

American:
Has an award chart, like United
Seems to be a stickler with carry on luggage sizers, though other airlines sometimes do this.

Delta:
More planes seem to have IFE than AA

United:
IFE seems not quite as good as DL but not much different. I see it in more aircraft than AA.

Hubs use by individuals vary according to one's location and the airlines' schedule so I don't want to complicate this thread. I do have favorites, like MSP over ATL, IAH over DEN.

If there is no difference, then I would choose based mostly on schedule and fares with a very slight preference to one airline because of frequent flyer program participation.
Yes, AA can't seem to manage to get you to your destination on time......that's the big difference for me. But that's for another thread