FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 4:48 am
ninim2200

Originally Posted by flyer4512
That's odd because when the Hilton churn ended I tried for one more card and the CSR told me that I would not get the bonus and sure enough I didn't.

In the case of my dads AA card I know he's getting the bonus and the CSR was obviously reading the bonus she saw on his account.

I must have amazing luck because on every card I get I either talk to the rep or send a SM verifying my bonus and not once in well over 100 cards was I told I would get a bonus and then I was denied that bonus. Not Once.
I hate to jump in on this useless debate about CSRs, specially that you have been around here for quite sometime and you must have read countless stories about CSR saying something that ended up not true, most of us have.

The Only physical proof you have for a bonus after approval is the "Approval Letter", online bonus trackers are online proof/indication that you will get the bonus, this shows up after activating your card, what a CSR says over the phone or through chat can be true at times, but it also can be false, most cards come with a bonus, so when a CSR reads the bonus offer, he can be reading the terms of the offer you applied for not what you qualify for, it happened many many times, so whether you will get the bonus or not is a different story. Again there are countless examples of this.