FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New Chase Sapphire Reserve Card [Pre-release speculation]
Old Jul 30, 2016, 9:01 am
jediwho

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Wyndham Diamond, DL PM, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by jordan_h
regarding the hotel collection: you get additional benefits at a smaller number of properties, kind of like amex's hotel collection vs FHR. i screengrabbed some stuff from my visa infinite benefits portal for reference. visa signature gets the first 7 benefits; visa infinite gets all 8. in the example below, you'd get a total of $125 in resort credit.

Attachment 16515
Thanks! That's helpful. I had not yet tried booking through the portal because it does not have Las Vegas or Calgary where we went recently and I went ahead with Amex FHR.

After playing around with this a little bit, a few observations: It is still in its infancy in terms of locations and number of hotels, and two, benefits are comparable. The big difference was that Amex would quote me Australian dollars for booking vs. Visa converted it to USD. Amex had three hotels in FHR and Visa had one. For that one, pricing was just about the same. So, definitely, I would be frequenting this Infinite portal a bit more going forwards.