Old Jul 27, 16, 10:22 pm
Unterwegs

IC Dubai Festival City

IC Dubai Festival City

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
This time not really. It seems that the hotel cut back service and offerings significantly compared to previous visits.

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest, at check in they told me I have been upgraded to a suite. Asked for club. At the end I got a bigger room (one level upgrade) plus club access

How are the rooms?
Spacious, but several issues:
- Room was ice cold (15 C). Even after setting the temperature to 27 C the room remained very cold. Called. They promised to send somebody. Noting happened. After 20 min called again. Finally after around 45 min somebody showed up and started working on the AC. After finally almost an hour and chagning several parts it was finally working.
- Drain mechanism in the bathtub was broken
- Instant service sometimes took several minutes until somebody answered

How is the exec. lounge?
Big, nice bit very slow service. Compared to the old days the offering is limited. Seems that they just do the required minimum and nothing above

Did you receive a welcome gift?
Yes, they provided a choice, got an USB stick
According to the welcome letter should have a fruit basked. Nothing in room. Called and asked in the early afternoon. Nothing happened. Finally around 8 pm it was delivered.

How was the minibar?
about average for an IC

What was good and what was bad?

-Good
- Close to airport
- Modern hotel with nice lobby

-Bad
- The walkway to the mall is closed for construction for the last few month, but the signs in the hotel point in the wrong direction
- Instant service not instant
- Room maintenance and long response time to requests
- club receptionist not there before 7am, (club opens at 6:30), no receptionist at the club check in area, finally went to main reception downstairs

Value for $ or Priority Club Points?
- Compared to other places in Dubai the hotel is relatively expensive

Would you return?
Possibly, bot not sure

Last edited by FLYGVA; Jul 28, 16 at 5:57 am Reason: added name of property