Old Jul 26, 16, 1:13 pm
ASUDan130

Originally Posted by bzcat View Post
First, which terminal are you arriving? T2, TBIT, T4, T5, T6, or T7? You didn't specify so we can't really answer the first part of your question.

Second, I think you are asking a question about immigration, not customs. Once you clear immigration (either by kiosks or regular lines), you wait for your luggage by the apron and then exit customs like everyone else. There is no special lines for business class or otherwise.

Edit: I read in the other thread that you will arrive at TBIT...

Since you are arriving at TBIT, the immigration lines for foreign passport holders will be long. But US passport holders go to the kiosks and I've never spent more than 10 minutes in line since the kiosks were installed at TBIT. Once you clear immigration, the fun begins... You have to wait for your luggage to come out of the apron and LAX is notoriously slow for luggage. And there is no guarantee that they will unload the premium cabin bags first. It could take 10 minutes or it could take 90 minutes for your bags to come out. After you retrieve your bags, there are 3 separate exits for customs (or maybe 4 I don't remember exactly) and there are no special lines. Just pick the shortest.
Sorry yes I am arriving TBIT. Thanks for the summary so it sounds like as a US citizen you recommend using the kiosks over just going into the line? Nothing anyone really can do about the luggage situation I guess.