FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta In-Flight Meal/Food Service: The Definitive Thread — 2016 Edition
Old Jul 26, 2016, 7:28 am
jrkmsp

Programs: Delta PM, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC
DL 808: MSP-BOS
Equipment: 737-900ER
Meal: Breakfast
Distance: 1124 miles, block time: 2h46

If you look over my flight log, you'll see DL808 pop up more often than any other flight. Probably more than 30 times over the past five years. Out of all those, this is the first time I scored the UG on the flight — and of course it came truly on the battlefield, after I boarded when the GA came onboard and pulled me up. Love that.

Entree: Turkey, egg and cheese flatbread
Side: Fresh fruit
"Dessert:" Strawberry Greek yogurt
Drink: Orange juice

The flight started with full PDBs, including for me despite getting pulled up just a few minutes before takeoff. FAs were regularly available in the aisles and were timely with drinks and food. Heading to a full day of work so no booze, but I had plenty of OJ, which was appreciated.

The food itself was good, though not spectacular. The other choice was Cheerios with a warm croissant. I'm not a huge breakfast guy, so this was plenty of food for me. If I were more into breakfast, though, it was pretty light.

Another solid flight was Delta. Now I just have to see what I'm going to be stuck with on my flight home. No C+ or F seats available at the GM window. Ugh.