FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi Prestige benefit and reward changes effective July 23, 2017
Old Jul 22, 16, 11:23 pm
lwildernorva

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, WN, SPG Gold, Choice Platinum, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Club Carlson Gold
n

I don't think there is firm information yet. Miles to Memories seems to have jumped ahead of the curve here. An absence of information, especially as difficult as it is currently to access information about Prestige benefits that we have known through FT were available, does not equate to certainty that all of the benefits he's listed will disappear.

I think there was a feeling that the Prestige was too good to be true. Admirals' Club access (although not membership) was almost worth the price of the card alone. The $250 reimbursement for airline costs, which seemed to cover anything (including, possibly, a $250 offset against Admirals' Club memberships or the purchase of day passes). The fourth night free--when the fourth night meant literally the fourth night, no matter how expensive that might be in comparison with the other three nights. The three free rounds of golf--not valuable to everyone, but to golfers, a benefit that could be made of outsize value. The 1.6 cent value for AA.

On a card with a $450 annual fee, that was a lot of value. Some of that stuff had to go away, and there shouldn't be much surprise that the Admirals' Club benefit would be the first to go given the Exec card's benefit. Lots of folks would have avoided the Exec card based on that (I have both and was debating what to do with the Exec since other than club membership, I don't see a compelling reason for the card after meeting the initial spend bonus if the Prestige would offer access).

Although the alteration to the fourth night free terms is a loss for customers, I think it's a realistic change, but the wholesale change to the remainder of the benefits Miles and More is speculating about--as of yet, no other BA blogger, including some with more Citi bona fides than M&M, has gone down this path--would so obviously lead to many more folks dumping the card that I can't imagine why Citi would think they could continue to charge an annual fee of $450.