FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Expert Mode: opt-in to see upgrade visibility/fare bucket data/Issue staying enabled?
Old Jul 21, 2016, 10:02 pm
Syzygies

Programs: UA 1MM (former 1K, Delta Platinum))
Originally Posted by pbh220
I use to have a script running that would highlight my favorite fare codes: can I get the link to run it?
This thread raises an interesting question.

Now, United finds it obvious that they should game us with all the data science they can muster, while keeping us as far in the dark as possible. Shutting down ExpertFlyer R fare searches was just a tiny skirmish in this war. A decade from now, the successor techies at United will be baffled, what were people thinking back in this primitive era? United should be providing better agents than people can code for themselves, watching everything of interest at United on behalf of each customer, having intelligent AI conversations with each customer to learn exactly what we want. Why? Because the more we know, the more we spend.

It's so easy for United to get entrenched in battle formation, keep customers as uninformed as possible, isn't that the game? When will United realize that the real money is in providing expert tools to customers who can't code for themselves?

Last edited by Syzygies; Jul 21, 2016 at 10:25 pm