FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Gdansk {POL}
View Single Post
Old Jul 21, 2016, 1:05 pm
SPBanker
Ambassador: Finnair Plus

Programs: AY+ Plat, HHonors Diamond, Hyatt Discoverist, Priority Club Plat Amb, Miles and Smiles Elite
Excellent location, very good service

Introduction Check In View of the inner courtyard.I had booked two rooms for five days on points. We were not upgraded to River View Rooms, but I didn't really expect that. Check-in was quick and efficient, hotel features and amenities were explained and my HH status was acknowledged etc. Room Both rooms had a king bed and were larger than entry-level rooms in most European Hiltons. Everything looked to be pretty new and in good shape. Bathroom had both shower stall and a bath tub. View was to the house/courtyard next door. Service Also the view from High 5 was excellent!Very good. Mostly young staff, mostly good English skills. Staff at the restaurant Mercato and High 5 Terrace Bar (on the fifth floor, cute, yes...) was excellent. Dining This waffle alone was enough to last me until dinner...We had breakfast every morning in the restaurant. Very good buffet including local specialties. Many egg dishes available to order + waffles. Sparkling wine too. My daughter is vegan, and they brought us soy milk when she asked for it. Plenty of gluten-free breads etc. Location Location is excellent, by the river and at the edge of the old town. Overall Gdansk is a nice city, and this Hilton is an excellent choice when visiting the city. Pool Pool (maybe 15 meters) is on the fifth floor, and there is a terrace attached to it. Usually it was not too busy, and I was able to swim laps. Terrace was right next to the High 5 Bar, and of course views were excellent.