FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Old Jul 21, 2016, 11:47 am
Baze
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by RobOnLI
UA1 (SFO-SIN) cancelled for maintenance.

After sitting on the plane for 2.5 hours they announced it was cancelled and a special segment tomorrow departing at 945pm is being added.

I've said it before and I will say it again...I *HATE* the 787. It is a piece of crap airplane that breaks down constantly. I try to avoid these planes at all costs but my company put me on the non-stop and I was happy to try it.

I'm glad I'm moving to SIN. I will never fly this flight again.

And on top of it, SFO-PVG cancelled earlier today. I was told that for that flight they only had 30 hotel rooms to give out to an entire 747. Guess how many were available for SFO-SIN pax? ZERO. We all got a form telling us we can get $200 refund if we mail in our receipts.

It's 145am in SFO and I have no hotel room as you can't book a hotel room for "last night" on any website and the Marriott Plat line is still not answering after 20 minutes on hold.

-RM
Sorry to hear about all this. I would have searched for a hotel on my phone and called it direct once couldn't get through to the central line.