FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Archived: Applying for Chase Credit Cards- May 2015- Jan 2017
Old Jul 19, 2016, 8:44 pm
ymarker

Originally Posted by RobertHanson
One of the travel blogs reported yesterday multiple data points from readers that Banker "special consideration" form does not help with 5/24.

If you are clearly over 5/24 calling Recon is a waste of time.
Can confirm the recon was futile. FWIW, the recon lady was atypically friendly and basically confirmed the 5/24 "rule" that we all pretty much know. Couple of things stand out:

5/24 Rule:
- Any credit card account opened (even if it is subsequently closed) that shows up on the credit report that they pull counts for 5/24. They have some leeway in a/c's on which you are AU. I had 17 new opened a/c's. This # matches what credit karma shows.

- Pre-approved offer & private client, offer *may* be a way around it. I was surprised she actually offered this info.

- The # 5 isn't hard and fast. Even if the system automatically denies you, if you're right at the cutoff or nearby there may be chance. I was at 17 - no chance for me.

Gotta say, I was pleasantly surprised at the helpfulness of this recon lady, in stark contrast to the chase business credit card lady who was down right rude and the experience as painful as a cavity search.