FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA 1203 LAX A319 C class - LAS B738 F class
Old Jul 18, 2016, 3:29 pm
Martina70

AA 1203 LAX A319 C class - LAS B738 F class

Hi everyone, after reading and enjoying so many TR , after a recent trip to Las Vegas I thought I would try my hand at it.

Part I

My husband and I decided to join my sister and BIL in Las Vegas for a 3 night getaway. Usually, we drive out with the kids in tow but given that my DH just celebrated his 46th birthday and our 10 year anniversary is coming up, we took our first trip without the kids since they were born.

I had just got a Citi Prestige card , so we decided to fly out given that the $250 air travel credit would pretty much cover the costs of the airfare. Unfortunately, there didn't seem to be any direct or reasonably prices flights from SNA (our closest airport) to LAS , so we decided to fly out of LAX and take a shuttle.

My first mistake was booking a shared shuttle through Primetime, I had used in the past when my father has come to visit from Toronto and he usually seemed to luck out where they put in him a private sedan or the driver had to make only one other stop near by.

This wasn't the case for us- and we ended up all over Orange County as if we were playing Pokemon Go and collecting mythical little creatures. We were the first people picked up in San Clemente, then picked up someone at UC Irvine, then SNA and finally Hunting Beach. It took over 3 hours!!!!

To make matters worse, the driver was lovely so when I went to tip him.I grabbed a crumpled bill from my purse thinking it was a $20, only to later figure out it must have been a $1, I as mortified thinking of the poor driver looking at the it later and thinking we stiffed him . I had to spend 15 minutes on hold with the company while in the lounge get them to add the tip

TSA lines were very light that day and we got through very quickly, our assigned gate was also right across from the AA lounge which was convenient.

We got the the lounge and I presented my Citi Card and gained access without too much trouble other than having to give my card to the agent twice.

Once inside, we had a light snack.

They had just cleared the breakfast offerings but hadn't restocked for lunch (the soup well was empty). An employee offered to get me a toasted bagel from the back and bring it to me.

I checked out the bathroom and the walls seemed to be in disrepair, thankfully they are renovating.

Over all, I wasn't that impressed with the lounge (it was my first visit) as far as offerings (no airlines status, so no premium drinks ) but I found the service to be pleasant. While I will use it again, as long as I have access with my credit card, it's not something I would pay out of pocket for.

Before long, it was time to head to the gate.

Last edited by Martina70; Jul 25, 2016 at 6:07 pm