FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott "Fresh Bites" Room Service
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2016, 2:55 pm
markzz2

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
A very fast an pleasant response, but also confirming the roll out to "most" hotels. I guess the romantic dinners on the balcony in resorts are not going to be happening anymore! Marriott will sadly be seeing alot less spend from me in the future!

I wanted to reach out to you regarding your Fresh Bites experience. Fresh Bites is our company’s revitalized version of room service. Marriott has found that over the years, our room service business has declined. The decline is mostly due to the fact that traditional room service was too slow, too expensive, and in many cases did not offer the kinds of food that our guests like to eat. Fresh Bites is designed to be delivered within 20 minutes, offers a convenient pick up option, and comes at a more reasonable price point. It is available currently at about 40 Marriott Hotels, and will be spreading to most of our hotels in 2017.
I certainly appreciate your perspective on the experience and apologize that the new approach does not match your preference. For you to be told that you cannot have ice water is unacceptable, and I will address this immediately with our team. We absolutely should have served that for you and for that I apologize. I also appreciate your concerns about the environmental impact of this program. The material is designed to be recycled and our hope is that most guests will choose that option when it comes time to dispose of the items.
While the menu does not have a Marriott burger, we do offer a burger with meat sourced from Strauss Family Farms which raises their animals in a responsible manner and uses a grass fed diet. Our new menu actually gives us the chance to partner with many more local farms and vendors than before, which is something we are proud to do.
I hope we’ll have a second chance to serve you Fresh Bites. I would be happy to offer you a meal on us to see if the experience is any better the second time around. I certainly respect the fact that you may decline this offer. If the packaging is the deal breaker for you, let me know if sending up some traditional plates and glassware might allow you to feel comfortable enough to give us a second chance.
Please let me know if I can do anything for you to make your stay or any future stays at our hotel more comfortable.