FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Marriott "Fresh Bites" Room Service
View Single Post
Old Jul 18, 2016, 11:31 am
markzz2

Programs: BA Gold/Marriott Titanium Lifetime/UA/JetBlue
Originally Posted by SkiAdcock
There was a different thread re: this. If I order room service (and yes I often do) at a full service hotel which is often higher priced than limited brands, then I want a proper room service with real utensils, especially given the premium I'm paying for the food/drink. I do not want my food delivered in the Marriott equivalent of a McDonald's bag w/ plastic utensils. If I wanted that I'd stop at McD's on the way to the hotel.

I think Marriott was throwing this on the millennials when they started it. In addition to no desks, the millennials just want take out vs. proper food.

To the OP I'd certainly complain to the hotel.

Cheers.
Hi Sharon

I reported to the hotel, and also wrote an email immediately to Marriott Customer Care to which I received a reply saying they had referred my comments to the Hotel Management and I will get a reply from them, which I will happily update here.

I spend 150 nights a year in Hotels and often work 16 hour days which means a bite to eat in front of the TV at 10pm is important to me. I also want to feel human and my idea of eating properly is not out of plastic containers and cutlery.

Also often in resorts a nice dinner on the balcony with a loved one is a romantic treat. It is just not the same out of a paper bag. What are they thinking!

The hotel tell me it is being rolled out USA wide. Sounds like it has been decided on already!

I find it hard to believe that Americans do not order room service (as a poster mentions) they guy that delivered my picnic last night was carrying four other bags so someone is ordering here!