FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Above & Beyond: Amazing Events Brought To You By British Airways & Chase
Old Jul 17, 2016, 3:46 pm
golfmad
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Reserved: Wednesday June 29th 2016

I'd booked us on Delta in First for a direct trip from TPA to JFK around lunchtime. I spent a short time in the Delta lounge at the E gates in TPA as I had to charge my Mac and couldn't find anywhere by the gate itself.

I enjoyed the Salmon salad lunch offering.

The flight was uneventful and early which was a bonus. We only had carry on luggage for this trip which was great so we headed to the BA terminal at JFK on the AirTrain. We were a little early so sat and waited around for 15-20 minutes before someone appeared at the check in. We checked in just prior to the Fast Track security opened so waited for that and headed straight through and into the Concorde Room Lounge (CCR).

For those who don't know it, there's a CCR in LHR and JFK for use by passengers flying in F on BA flights and those in possession of a CCR card. Our flights weren't in F but I had the requisite piece of plastic that also enabled me to guest my wife. I did a couple of hours work while she had a couple of glasses of wine and then we headed for the dining area. This was the menu. I had the Filet which was pretty good.

We knew Chase were holding a reception in the British Airways Galleries lounge so after dinner we headed across to the other lounge and this is where the weekend started to take shape as we were able to meet and chat with the other people on the trip. It was really well done outside on the patio.

A couple of hours flew by and it was time to board BA 4 for London.

There had been a bit of a mix up with the boarding passes which appeared to have been issued almost randomly but given that there were only 16 pairs of people traveling on this 32 seater A318 we all just agreed to sit anywhere we wanted. We boarded almost last and went back to row 7. I'd only sat in row 1 on my previous trips on this flight so it made an interesting change.

That's the last I have to report about the flight as I went to sleep during the early part of the climb and open awoke during the initial descent into LCY.

Last edited by golfmad; May 24, 2018 at 11:40 am