FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthday...UA J Mileage Run? SFO-TPE-HKG-EWR-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-HNL-SFO
Old Jul 17, 16, 5:06 am
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
United First Class 767 EWR-HNL

Nothing like a 10 hour domestic flight!
Last time I went to Hawaii (KOA) two years ago flew through SF but came back HNL-EWR.

Not having been through EWR in a while I was worried about all the security line back up issues. Hoping that a Sat it wouldn't be too bad. Looked worse than it was. Still had plenty of time before boarding to have breakfast at Saison.
The omelette is really just the things you ask for folded inside the egg, not mixed in.

Favorite.

We boarded on time but ended up posting a 55 min delay. Some computer issue/reboot and waiting for mechanic to sign off. Ended up making the time up and landing about on time, but had to wait 10-15 for the gate to open up.

Saw this Wamos 747...first time I've seen the airline, had to google it. Charter company but lists usually going to JFK.

Had a really friendly and good crew.

Tasty!

Calzone before arriving, I picked at the insides which were good...pepperoni/sausage/cheese but didn't eat too much of the bread. I brought a lot of my own stuff to eat.

Landing in Hawaii I got this ad on Instagram...I think they need to tweak their algorithm.

Got scared when I saw the lines at the rental car counters, luckily no one was at the Gold counter and got the keys in a jiff. Friend flew in on Hawaiian from SJC and was ready and waiting.
Top down, tops off.