FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Birthday...UA J Mileage Run? SFO-TPE-HKG-EWR-HNL-MAJ-KWA-KSA-PNI-TKK-GUM-HNL-SFO
Old Jul 16, 16, 8:38 pm
JVPhoto

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
United Club HKG + 777 BusinessFirst HKG-EWR

I opted to walk the terminal instead of taking the train to the United Club because I wanted to find an Americano.

I jumped the gun and got one at Joe & the Juice, if I waited 3 more gates I would have come to the Illy cafe.

The UC was closed for a bit for a refurb and sprucing up. It's a bit shinier than my last trip through here last year. Last trip in HKG I was next door at TG F.

Uhhhhh...

How can anyone slide in?

An East meets West breakfast.

Love the cans of Perrier, wish they had them on the flights instead of Seagram's club soda.

Boarding was orderly and on time.

He also talked on his phone through the safety video and two FAs had to tell him to stop.

He also used his toes to make selections on the screen...

Was an okay change from salmon.

Great to have pumpkin, hate peppers.

Tasty! The noodles were great too. A bit too much sauce so I tried to scrape some off.

I spoil myself sometimes....though I haven't had the sundae in like a year.

Pretty bland, glad I asked for the chili sauce.

After having a dream where the FA brought me pigs in a blanket trying to convince me it was congee.

MUCH better than the SFO-TPE congee.

Decent flight. First time going this direction. I did EWR-HKG in 2014 and was absolutely miserable having a bit of a stomach issue from Tulum and waking up midflight with a fever that I had to break with water and OJ.