FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - What to do in 2.5 days / 3 nights in Austin in September?
Old Jul 15, 2016, 8:10 am
EffinIllini

Originally Posted by DetailsIM
My wife and I did Austin for a few days this past Christmas. We stayed at Hotel Van Zandt which is right on Rainey st. So look into that if you don't find a airbnb.

Uber and Lyft are no longer in Austin. That's what we used while there so I have no clue how their normal taxi service is.

One must hit for dining is 24 diner. It's near the Wholefoods. Uchi is a highly-rated restaurant if you like sushi etc. There is a fantastic pizza place but I'll have to report back with the name.

I would say dodge 6th street unless you're of college age and want to get sh*t faced. Think of it as bourbon st but with a higher homeless population (just my $.02).

I hear the hiking in Austin is great so if you are into that you will want to rent a car to get you out of the city.
Our AirBNB is in SkyHouse, so we are covered for lodging. Think that location should work pretty well.

Will check out 24 Diner. I have heard several recommendations for Uchi, but as my wife doesn't like sushi that's probably out. More BBQ & tacos instead.

Particular places for hiking? Not sure if we will do that as we leave for Colorado in a week on a trip that will hopefully include plenty of hiking.

Thoughts anyone on Esther's Follies? Had it recommended to me.

Thanks.