FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - SF spa day for wife's birthday?
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:38 pm
squeakr
Moderator: Hilton Honors, Practical Travel Safety Issues & San Francisco

Programs: UA, Hilton, Priceline, AirBnB
The whole atmosphere at the Saint Regis, not just crowning

Originally Posted by OliverB
Thanks, that does matter very much. It sounds like you've been to both -- did you prefer the treatments and service at the St. Regis? What about the space itself, not just in terms of size, but the overall atmosphere?

The one advantage to the Huntington is that they have an outdoor terrace, which should hopefully be nice by end of September, as we move into Indian summer. I wonder if it would get crowded on a Tuesday?
I just find the atmosphere at the Saint Regis quieter overall. They're really good about asking people to keep their voices down if for example a group of women are there for a bachelorette party or whatever. The outdoor terrace is tempting though, the Tuesday afternoon probably wouldn't be super crowded.

You know your wife better than we do – would you be more interested in the whole experience, having the outdoor terrace etc. or more pleased with a quieter, more "professional" atmosphere?

I really think you can't go wrong with either place. I just found the Huntington a little expensive for the privacy and quiet I was seeking.