FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LAX Red Coat wants more $ for confirmed pax with BP
Old Jul 14, 2016, 4:21 pm
appleguru

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by flyerCO
They tried to tell me the reservation agents only "confirmed" a reservation, that they didn't ticket it. Sad thing is I have the emailed receipt with ticket number listing the flights on it. It's clear that it was EXCH for the new flight that they forced on me, all the while saying no ticket had been issued for the new flights. Went up to the Skyclub and asked for station manager. Got the SC Manager who told me she's also the D1 Director (or whatever her title is). She backed the red coat up saying they shouldn't have confirmed and telling me no ticket had been issued. I pointed out I wouldn't have gotten the BP without the reissue, but she insisted. Basically her word was that I know the web IRROPS tool and it would NEVER give such a connection. When I pointed out it did, and that reservations actually did the booking she came up with a new story. Since I had a wheelchair request they just changed flights to whatever "I told them." Insult on top of everything!
This is definitely a screwup on the reservation agent's part. Had the ticket been properly reissued, the computer wouldn't be yelling for an add/collect.

So, continue to escalate I suppose :-(

They may need to bust out the old multicolored ticket/voucher stock to get you sorted :-/