FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Jul 14, 2016, 2:32 pm
Superguy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by coolcoil
Here is my interpretation:

First, miles earned on outbound flight in December do not come into this, as the EQM counter went back to zero on January 1 and OP did not have any EQM's count toward stickers until AFTER the June 28 flight.

Jan 2: earned 19K miles

June 28: earned 18K miles. Total is now 37K and turned GLD, so stickers counter starts on next flight at 12,500

July 8: earned 18K more miles. OP became PLT, but this is not relevant since it does not affect stickers earning. This was the first flight where miles counted toward earning stickers. So, 4 stickers awarded for 12.5K miles and the other 5.5K miles go towards earning the next set of stickers. OP's account should show about 7K miles needed to earn the second set of stickers.
I think the quesiton would be was that 18k earned in one flight or multiple? If it was earned on a long haul in C/F, say like LAX-SYD, then I can see that putting the starting line at 37k.

But if it were more like earned 6k one flight, 12k the second, the should start counting toward the 12.5k, assuming the 6k one put the OP over 25k to begin with.

It can take a few days for e500s to show up. Depending on your specific situation, you can always call AA and have them explain to you where they're starting you at and why.