FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Finnair Business Class inc. A350 AMS-HEL-PVG
Old Jul 14, 2016, 12:25 pm
OttoMH

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
Return posted finally...!

Originally Posted by headingwest
Thanks for posting OttoMH

I flew Finnair for the first time a couple of months ago and was quite impressed. The Premium Lounge at HEL is wonderful and after a quick sauna I headed for the food! The presentation is really nice and the ladies are really attentive.

The flight was also good and as OWE I was able to choose economy plus for free. The crew were fantastic and free champagne was offered for me and my travelling partner. All very nice indeed.
I completely agree on the Premium Lounge - it is nice. I would like to try it when less busy, but the food and drink selection were impressive. I didn't have time for the sauna though.. maybe not scandinavian enough

Originally Posted by Non-NonRev
Enjoyed the report and the visuals.

Excellent point about the amuse bouche being dropped by BA - it lends a graceful touch at minimal cost, and its eliminailtion is unfortunately representative of bean counter thinking at its cynical worst.
Thanks - yes, BA have been very disappointing recently.

Part of the problem is that their heritage, legacy and all of the 90's Saachi & Saachi stuff has left me with this idea of aspirational luxury Britishness which can no longer be delivered.

Instead, while turning pretty monumental sums of profit money, they are penny pinching at every turn in order to maximise profit.

I do feel a little miffed. The reality is not congruent with the brand that has been built up, in my case over the last 16 years.

A Tesco moment, maybe?