FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Crowne Plaza (LAX)
View Single Post
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:19 am
Happy
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by og
Yes I have done the walk from LAX to the CP (and vice versa). It was a week ago. It's sidewalk all the way. No need to do the "have I got a sane mind" consideration

Simply walk to T1 then head eastwards along World Way under the arrivals concourse then blend onto the sidewalk along W Century BLvd. Formal pedestrian crossings with lights make it safe. Resist the temptation to walk eastwards from the southern terminals (eg T6) - it gets messy when you have to figure out how to cross lots of busy roads.

It's an easy walk. Google maps showed me the walking route.

Oh, and no police. But why would the police think there was something odd about someone with a carry-on wheelie bag at an airport?
The walk we might need is to T7. I gather one can get from T1 to T7 via the Parking 1 to Parking 7 according to the LAX Map. It looks much easier to reach T1 then try to reach T7 from the street due to mess of intersection in the Southern terminals. Better to use the garages to go over as there seem to have passage ways connecting P1 and P7, and P7 connected to T7 via upper passage way.

Originally Posted by mster
If you google street view the walk you actually see people rolling carry-ons down the sidewalk ^

Can anyone comment on Spire benefits (if any) at this property? Anything above the thoroughly discussed upgrade / lounge access / drink chits for Platinums I mean.
Street views show Century Blvd has sidewalk, World Way does not. There are sections that look tricky to pick the right path.

Originally Posted by stimpy
I never got anything special for Spire that I didn't get with Platinum at this hotel.

As for walking, I like walking a mile or two in many cities around the world. But not LA. It is very unpleasant. Way, way more unpleasant than the unpleasant shuttle bus.
Agree if shuttle is on time nobody should walk. The sticky part is in the busy flight banks one could wait for 2 or 3 rounds of shuttle and may still not be able to get on and that was the most frequent complaints on various review sites. A guy said they had to take the shuttle due to luggage. The Valet was very kind to help them. When after 2 rounds, finally their turn, another guest insisted he should be ahead of them, causing the Valet almost had a fist fight with the other guy who wanted to force his way to the shuttle.

Besides, given our terminal is T7, if the shuttle starts its stop at T1, then it would take another 20 min or more to get to T7 on top of the short drive to T1... Walking probably takes less than 20 min.