FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Old Jul 14, 2016, 1:56 am
texas gold

Programs: MileagePlus GS
UA946 from IAD-AMS on the 13th left almost four hours late, resulting in the hour or more delay of UA 908. What's annoying is not only UA's dismal reliability issues but:

- I will miss my connecting flight in ORD and my third flight of the day from DEN.
- The following flight has no First seats because they have upgraded four people already and I'm on a paid BusinessFirst D fair.
- Why not hold seats for missed international connections and upgrade at the gate with leftover seats or once they know for sure connects will be missed?
-The ORD-AMS flight will be slightly delayed but will arrive one hour before the delayed IAD-AMS, both are 763's. Why can't the 908 use the ORD metal as the return IAD flight departs an hour later? If they did this both flight would be on time.

No amount of Polaris Polishing is going to change the fact that UA is very unreliable in regards to their international operations.