FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated "Delayed/Cancelled" International Flights (2016)
Old Jul 13, 2016, 3:13 pm
jjmoore

Programs: UA 1K 1MM ★G | Marriott LTT | Hilton ♦ | Hertz PC | Global Entry TSA Pre ✓
Originally Posted by aussieinsf
UA 927 PAX moved to new flight UA 2082 scheduled for 3pm departure today, now delayed 2 hours 25 minutes. My wife was in business class traveling with disability assistance (she's on crutches) and UA's handling of overnight accommodations was appalling. She had to share a room with another PAX as the hotel they sent people to had insufficient rooms for those sent there. Only one meal was available in the evening which she shared with other PAX. In the morning there was no food available for breakfast. Ground transfers to the hotel were taking so long she took a taxi both ways (she has to elevate her leg frequently).

Compensation offered was 17,500 miles (plus I imagine a successful EU261 claim).
If you accept the offered compensation, does that absolve UA from honoring EU261?

Not knowing the answer to that, I would try to iron out EU261 comp, then go in and accept the miles.