Old Jul 11, 16, 1:41 pm
Unterwegs

IC Bucharest, Romania

InterContinental Bucharest, Romania

What is your IHG Rewards Club status?
Spire Royal Ambassador

Were you (or for multi-stayers are you generally) happy with the hotel/stay?
Yes

Which room did you book and which upgrade did you receive?
Booked cheapest. At check in they told me that I was upgraded to a suite on a high floor,
I asked about club. Answer: Hotel offers either club or suite. I asked for club instead. At the end they gave me suite and club at no extra cost,

How are the rooms?
Proper suite, a bit dated but nice, One bathroom with a big Jacuzzi bathtub, second room with a smaller bathroom, shower only. 2 TVs, 2 minibars, balcony with great view over the city. They should have a few additional power outlets.
Fortunately no Agraria but l'occitane (one small set in each bathroom)

Gift, Fruits
No gift, no fruits for the first two nights. On thelast night a big fruit plate and a bottle of local red showed up in the room.

How is the exec. lounge?
Good size on high floor, good view. Staff very friendly but not very efficient.
Selections for high tee and happy hour somewhat limited (not enough to make a meal out of it)

What was good and what was bad?

GOOD
- Upgrade to a proper suite.
- Friendly staff, but often not efficient (it seems the whole city is that way at least in my limited experience)

BAD
- hey have a weird keycard systems where sometimes you need to try many times before it opens the door.

Value for $ or IHG Rewards Club Points? Would you return?
Good value, yes

----

How to get to the hotel from OTP:
Taxis cost between around 1.50 Lei and 3.50 Lei per km, Airport to hotel between 8 and 20 Euro.

Three choices:
- Exit Terminal, turn left. At the end of the walkway is a queue for the 1.50 Taxis (price is displayed at the side of the car). Seems that the line is usually long.
- Exit Terminal, turn right. 3.50 Taxis (basically same cars as the cheap ones) with no line
- Go to one of the touch screen kiosks inside the building, select Mercedes taxi. You will get a printout with the license plate number and the number of minutes until the taxi arrives. Exit building and wait close to the exit unsil you see your car driving up. Wait time for me was 4 min, nice E-Class, 90 Lei ((approx 20 Euro) to hotel.

Last edited by Unterwegs; Jul 14, 16 at 1:15 pm Reason: Added taxi info