FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsecured cabin on landing/takeoff
View Single Post
Old Jul 10, 2016, 9:10 pm
DrunkCargo

Programs: Ice Cream Club, AC SE MM, Bonvoy Life Plat
Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
In respect to the lights, I apologize as I think of my B777 flights. I haven't been on an AC B787 yet. (I know, it's odd, but they don't use them for my flights to HKIA & TYO) If you look at this picture of Mr. Makris, the tech writer, you will see the indicator lights in his selfie.
Yes, I know the green light... I also know when it flickers all flight long because someone has their seat on the edge of the sensor threshold... and I know the seated pax can't really see the state of this light and thus has no clue they're flashing everyone for hours-on-end. =P (almost like the silly reading spotlight behind head that never aimed anywhere useful)

And they should be using dreamcabin 777's to HKIA and TYO now for months, no? I haven't seen an XM pod for months now. Dunno, haven't been to Asia in a while.

Originally Posted by Transpacificflyer
We have all seen the idiots on some routes rushing the aisles before the plane is stopped. I keep hoping we stop suddenly and one of those idiots smacks his head.
I've seen exactly this. Don't think he hit his head, but he did fall in the aisle. When you're sitting, the braking seems minor, but I think it's actually pretty abrupt if you're standing for the first time in hours and aren't accustomed to the movements. I think my reaction was more of concern for his well-being, and well, other pax around him... but thinking back, of course, it was entirely his fault.

Not suggesting "secured cabin" should mean every groin has been inspected for fastened seatbelt, but dangling in the aisle with zero walkthrough for 60 minutes prior to landing is not cool either. (For instance seated in Y+ cabin, TCON, crew excited by their first 787 flight, you know... humans)