FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Seat map shows J nearly empty - mean anything?
Old Jul 10, 2016, 6:26 am
ACYYZ/SD

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by smallmj
I'll be flying Y on AC832 YUL-BRU in mid August and back on AC833 in late August. I was looking at the seat map on the AC booking site and saw that only 2 J seats are taken on the way out and no J seats are full on the way back. ExpertFlyer seat maps show the same.

I'm wondering if I can learn any of the following from this:

(1) J travellers don't buy their tickets this far in advance?
(2) J travellers don't bother to select their seat at purchase time?
(3) I have a good chance at getting a reasonable LMU offer?
(4) If I had eups and a higher grade ticket this would be a great place to use them?
(5) This route is likely to be Rouged at some point?

This is mostly for curiousity's sake. If I get a really good LMU offer I may buy one for my teenage daughter, but the rest of us will be in Y.
I'm just hoping that with Y only half full on the redeye, 29DEFG will stay empty so we can recline without guilt.
Randomly checked second half of August, and there is certainly space, but nowhere near empty. Just pulled up my flight plan for tonight and the only seats not assigned/selected are to my SE's. Go figure. Personally -- I don't see this flight being Rouged.