FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Garden Inn Hong Kong Mongkok {HKG}
Old Jul 9, 2016, 10:27 pm
alc

Originally Posted by Modo
Depending on which day you look at Google Maps the address moves between one block North of the HIX Mong Kok to one block East of Nathan Road on Soy Street. I was at the HIX last night and intended to try and verify but it was very very wet. One location is almost on the dual carriageway/freeway well west of Nathan Road. The other is pretty close to the Southern end of Ladies Market on the opposite side of Nathan Road.Logic suggest number 2 Soy Street should be at the Western end of the street - so close to the HIX. But it was probably numbered under British rule so it probably followed the logic of the numbering of London districts LOL (it is logical - based on alphabetical district name not proximity to the Centre...... after the number 1).
I just check the hotel web site:

http://hiltongardeninn3.hilton.com/e...ons/index.html

and based on this map, it look like it is indeed just 1 street north from where HIX is located (Dundas).

Originally Posted by Modo
Location wise the former is possibly closer to Yau Me Tai Pitt Street (A1). The other location better using Mong Kok.
I agreed. When we were at HKG last summer, we walk to HIX to check it out from the south end of Ladies Market (Dundas) When we leave, we end up just went to the Yau Me Tai station at Pitt Street that you mentioned, as it is a much shorter walk than to Mongkok station. Beside, since it is the start of the Kwun Tong Line, we get seats for the entire journey to Tiu Keng Leng Station as we head back to CP HK East.

BTW, thanks for the info about the current hotel prices at HK, I didn't know it is getting that cheap. As we were all set to stay at the Courtyard at Sha Tin for this x'mas with some nights are paying and some nights on points. So, we just change it to HIX HK East for the 1st 9 nights (total 25 nights) as it was $200(+10%) cheaper Now, we are just debating if we should just change the entire trip and save my Marriott points for next year. Thanks again.