FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Unsecured cabin on landing/takeoff
View Single Post
Old Jul 9, 2016, 2:36 pm
yyznomad
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by DrunkCargo
I'm curious how often AC lets the cabin land without securing it correctly.

Two out of two flights today my seat has the incorrect configuration for landing, and it's probably at least twice a week I encounter this.

AC isn't the only airline that has this issue. I'm not just talking like a slightly reclined seat. I'm talking, armrest completely up in J pod, tray table not stowed, etc. It is possible the prior pax made these config changes while deplaning, however that seems unlikely. Perhaps I'll chalk it up to that.

As I've said in another thread, I guess it only hinders the other pax in the case of emergency egress, but that was somewhat tongue and cheek. If someone is hindered when trying to egress, the additional stress will result in more trouble for other pax.

Takeoff is harder to control as some pax feel it's appropriate to recline or do other stupid things as soon as the FAs are strapped in.
I've talked about this with several FTers offline/in-person but never bothered to post on FT... But now that you have asked, I'm curious as well. I see at least one "improper" or thing during takeoff or landing about half the time. Way too many to post individually or make a fuss here each time I witness it.