FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horror stories due to terrible travel companions
Old Jul 9, 2016, 9:58 am
StartinSanDiego
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by Often1
When traveling with others, don't assume anything. It really is that simple. <snip>

Financial circumstances also matter. If you travel with people who have a lot more or a lot less than you to spend, either accept that the costs are going to be higher or the standards lower, or that you simply quietly pick up the tab for a friend who does not have the money to do so. Dinner to some may mean a fast food burger and to others it is cocktails followed by a nice meal with wine, all served at a decent restaurant.
This is so true, and one more example of how there's really no right or wrong, just different. I had a friend (easy to travel with) who went with a group of 4 or 5 people, and one of the people wanted to sample pretty much all of the nearby restaurants. They had breakfast, coffee, lunch, dessert, dinner, drinks, etc., going from one local eatery to the next. I would consider that a terrible way to spend my precious vacation time and money.