FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miss Clara by Nobis (Design Hotel) - Stockholm, Sweden [Master Thread]
Old Jul 8, 2016, 11:37 am
Duke777

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, WN A+, Hyatt Glob, Marriott Amb, Hertz PC
I completed a 3 night stay in July and was very impressed.

Booking: I used points (16K / night) for a standard double.

Room: The hotel was nearly booked full. I was pleasantly upgraded to the highest level room (the 2-level Etage Suite) - room 315. Check-in was very pleasant. I arrived around 10 AM and the front desk gladly stored my bags until check-in at 2. When I returned to the hotel at 2, the bags were already in the room. I also had a welcome note and gift of caramels.

The room is a bit of a strange design. There is a large downstairs with a tv and sitting area, as well as a desk. There is also a powder room. There is a huge 2-story window. Up the long stair case is the bed, closet, and full bathroom. The bed is in a loft overlooking the living room below through a plexiglass half-wall. The ceiling is sloped, so it's a bit difficult to get into bed on the left-side (facing the bed). However, the sheets and bedding are very comfortable. The bed was a king but had two separate duvets (one for each person), which seems to be the Scandinavian style. There is also a door upstairs that was locked (unsure where it leads).

One note: the bathrooms have curtains over glass in the door which is partially see-through. Mainly an issue for the powder room.

Unfortunately, I didn't use any of the facilities (gym or breakfast).

The location is on a main street; however, the room was quiet since it was not on the main street. It was easy to walk to most of the sites with plenty of cafes and restaurants nearby.

Overall, I was pleasantly surprised with the very friendly service, neat building, upgrade, and good location. It's a Design Hotel, which may not be for everyone (not your cookie cutter Sheraton), but it made me want to seek out more Design Hotels in the future even with limited benefits. I would gladly return to Stockholm (wonderful city to visit) and Miss Clara by Nobis.