Old Jul 7, 16, 10:53 am
littlewinglet

Programs: All of them
Originally Posted by georob View Post
I tried many options - from USA to Europe big surcharge, USA to Central/south american not available, and USA to Asia - I get the following message no matter which date I put on:

"Unfortunately we could not find any suitable fares for your chosen flights and/or classes of travel. Please try your search again and/or choose alternative flights or travel days or another class of travel. Please also note, where applicable, the limited sales period for special offers. Our Service Center will also be happy to help you. (5685 - 2201)"

Maybe I should try to search for business class instead? What did I miss here?

Lufthansa's website only searches their own award inventory, or their affiliate airlines (swiss and a few others). For flights within Americas, you have to search ANA or United website for flights on United and other Star Alliance carriers, then call Lufthansa to book.

For example, just randomly searched IAH to HKG and discovered that for business class tickets none of the Star alliance carriers seem to have a surcharge, or at least it was very tiny. You could use Lufthansa miles to book those if there's space.

Last edited by littlewinglet; Jul 7, 16 at 11:19 am