FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How long / time to update status? [Crossing/changing tiers/status] What to do ?
Old Jul 6, 2016, 7:39 pm
bmwe92fan

Programs: UA 1k (12 year fallen GS) 1.7MM, AA 2.1MM, EK, BA, SQ, CX, Marriot LT, Accor P
Originally Posted by morelegroom
In my experience on making GOLD the physical card is critical due to Lufthansa lounge dragons. The star alliance rule at the time only required a "token" which I argued was satisfied by my United letter. the rule today is more generous but LH is always a problem

Star Alliance Gold Customers travelling in any class
As a Star Alliance Gold customer, you have access to any member airline lounge that displays the Star Alliance Gold logo. You will need to present your boarding pass for a Star Alliance flight departing from the local airport. If your boarding pass does not carry the Star Alliance Gold indicator, you will need also to show your valid Star Alliance Gold card. You are entitled to a maximum of one guest. If you are a United MileagePlus Star Alliance Gold customer, you may only access the United Clubs within the U.S. when departing from that airport on an international Star Alliance flight.
+1 - while not impossible to gain access - a physical card is really a necessity for LH lounge access.... They always ask for mine....