FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - #daretocompare - but is it fair??
View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 2016, 6:41 pm
jc94

Programs: FOTSG Tangerine Ex E35k (AC)
Originally Posted by yul36
Its really PY light. the comparison is AC Y with the extra room seats upfront. In which case all you get is a guarantee of an empty middle seat.
Definitely.

Forgot to mention my favourite part. Plus includes 2 x 23kg suitcases.

Coming back I had 1 suitcase at 25kg. I was made to unpack it on the floor at check-in to try and get the weight down. When i finally got it down to 24kg the WJ person finally overrode the system to let me check it in.

Was not impressed.

And here's the thing, to fly Plus with WJ on my dates this year it's $1100. I can do AC J for $1200. That also gives me lounge access and much better flight times. That's a no brainer for me.

The cheapest I can find with WJ is $667, AC is $672. That's tango. Does AC provide a checked bag for that domestically? Because WJ doesn't.

I'd not flown WJ for about 15 years (they were new) until last year, and I don't see myself flying them again. In this case AC really has the edge...

The only redeemed feature I've found with WJ is that if the flights go down you get WJ$ back. I've been stung on AC (intl) flights going down $500 after booking so that would be useful but it's not worth the rest of it to me.