View Single Post
Old Jul 6, 16, 11:54 am
Westcoaster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titan, AS MVPG&AL, others no status
Originally Posted by RaSiDa View Post
That's good to know. I am looking at specifically redeeming at the DoubleTree Golf Resort Palm Springs. I don't reckon there is a specific thread for this property or all properties individually? Haha

I'm wondering if calling them in advance would net anything, but I guess it's all about arguing that charge if it shows up on checkout...
Have you tried a dummy award booking online? As I mentioned in my prior post they should disclose any resort fee during the booking process.

Edited to add: I just looked at that hotel and tried a dummy booking. They do describe the resort fee in general on the initial page. However when you click on the Standard Room Reward link on the initial booking page they don't show a resort fee. When you click on one of the paid rate links on the other hand (e.g. AAA Rate) they do show the resort fee. This would indicate to me that an award stay does not incur a resort fee. If I wanted to verify it for peace of mind I'd make the award booking and then call the hotel to verify.

Last edited by Westcoaster; Jul 6, 16 at 12:03 pm