FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Is it time for a minor restructuring of our destination forums?
Old Jul 4, 2016, 1:27 pm
Prospero
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

Question Is it time for a minor restructuring of our destination forums?

I’d like to invite our members into a discussion about our destination forums.

From my own observations, we have several vibrant destination forums while at the same time others are not performing quite so well.

The forums which are seeing low traffic figures I believe are contained in (but not limited to) the USA section such as Midwest, New England, Mid-Atlantic, Florida, and California. Conversely, the Asia forums do appear to be very healthy.

For example, do you have any thoughts on folding the city based child forums such as Orlando, NYC, Washington DC, Chicago, Las Vegas etc into their respective parent forums (Florida, Mid-Atlantic, Mid West, and West respectively). This idea has a few merits:

- boost traffic to the parent forum
- reduce the number of misplaced posts
- remove potential overlap, e.g.. road trips or itineraries covering cities as well as their surrounding state
- introduce greater consistency across the destinations portfolio. No other world region has city child forums.

Any downsides?