Old Jul 4, 16, 11:11 am
DL-Don

Programs: DL:360/DM/5.7 MMer; MR: Lifetime Platinum Premiere 9.9M pts, 3100 night;
Just returned from a two night stay at the Munich FS (not the one at the airport). Overall, I'd rate this a "mehh" stay.

I was "upgraded" to a Jr. Suite but the room was oddly arranged with all kinds of weird angles making it a bit clumsy. There was a woeful lack of lighting in the room, i.e., not a single table lamp to be found. There were several lamps hung from the wall on either side of the bed, a standing lamp on the far side of the bedroom, and a work lamp on the desk (in the living room portion) but otherwise the room was extremely dark. The air conditioning did not have temperature markings on the control just graduations from +5 to 0 to -5. Despite being set on the -5 for two days, the room never really cooled to my satisfaction.

Of course as noted in the sticky, there is no lounge but a full breakfast was made available on both Friday and Saturday morning. The variety and quality were very good. The hotel appeared to be full of a large tour group so if you tried to get breakfast between 8 and 9 AM, there were literally 50 people standing in line.

Bottom line: I probably won't stay there again.