FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Choice best program for Scandinavia?
View Single Post
Old Jul 4, 2016, 9:47 am
sdsearch
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by s0ssos
Interesting. I didn't know that. I was just looking in Scandinavia and noticed that in the northern regions there were simply no availability for award nights.

When you say "internationally" you mean outside of the US? Or depending on where you are registered?
I'm guessing it's the latter, because it says something different depending on what your local Choice Hotels website is. For example, at choicehotels.com:
it says (in the fine print at the bottom):
Book up to 30 days in advance for hotels in the U.S. or Canada or 60 days in advance for hotels outside of the U.S. and Canada.

Reward nights can be booked 50 days in advance for Elite Gold members staying in the U.S. and Canada or 60 days in advance for hotels outside of the U.S. and Canada.

Reward nights can be booked 75 days in advance for Elite Platinum members and 100 days for Elite Diamond members.
But at Choice Hotels Europe, which is www.choicehotels.eu redirecting to:
it says in bullet points near the bottom:
  • Book up to 30 days in advance for hotels in Europe or 60 days in advance outside of Europe
  • Reward nights can be booked 50 days in advance for Elite Gold members staying in Europe or 60 days in advance for hotels outside of Europe.
  • Reward nights can be booked 75 days in advance for Elite Platinum members and 100 days for Elite Diamond members
Please note, Choice's definition of "Europe" typically excludes Nordic Choice. So I'm not sure for Choice Hotels Europe members whether Nordic Choice properties are "in Europe" or "outside Europe" in terms of booking window.

Last edited by sdsearch; Jul 4, 2016 at 10:01 am