FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA: YVR-PTY in I/A class for ~US$600 rt
View Single Post
Old Jul 2, 2016, 12:54 pm
Smiley90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: *G
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Actually I've yet to find an ex-YVR that lets me route via LAX to get the lie flats. As the OP states, most of the time an ex-YVR is routed via PHX or sometimes DFW. This is especially inconvenient for those of us seeking British Airways tier points.

But yes, it is basically the same fare and could usefully be merged with the other thread.
I'm confused by your post, a few things

a) it's definitely possible, for example i just picked random dates in February: https://www.google.ca/flights/#searc...sc=b;a=AA;eo=e has at least one way on LAX-JFK lie-flats, as well as JFK-MIA. If you play around with the routing you can probably get at least MIA-DFW lie-flats as well (the way back via JFK isn't possible in a day so I didn't bother looking)

b) routing via PHX is actually MORE convenient for those trying to earn TP's than via the LAX-JFK lie-flat since ex-PHX routings go into first and ex-LAX routings go into Biz, so... I think you're confusing things here? For TP-earning purposes, PHX-PHL is fantastic and usually cheaper than LAX-JFK routings even.