FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - ARCHIVE: 2016 Sticker" / 500-mile & EXP "UDU" Complimentary Upgrade Policy / FAQ
Old Jun 30, 2016, 8:47 am
aamilesslave

Programs: AA EP 3MM, UA Silver, Bonvoy LT TIT, Hyatt Explorist, HH Silver, Caesars PLT
Originally Posted by mike814
Was hoping someone can help me clarify something. I am flying tomorrow MIA to PHL which is scheduled for a 767-300 retrofit. I'm AA Gold. Expert Flyer shows A7. Also the seatmap shows 13 seats still unoccupied.

I do not have enough 500 mile upgrades in my account for myself and my companion, but am willing to buy if the upgrade clears. I have checked in, and then called AA to confirm I am still on the upgrade list. They said I was and that I would not be passed over and if I get the upgrade and will just have to pay at the airport. Is this true or is the agent giving me false information? Also, when I go into the app, I do not see the upgrade list.

Thanks in advance.
I believe you are still on the advance upgrade list in this case. If you clear, you will not be able to get your new boarding pass until you get more stickers. And if you do not clear in advance, I do not believe you can get on the airport upgrade list until you have the required number of stickers.