FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Found iPad on Friday, June 24
View Single Post
Old Jun 29, 2016, 6:33 pm
emcampbe
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Bradhattan
Forgive my slight deviance from thread.....I have twice forgotten my iPad on planes connecting in DTW and twice it was returned to me via Delta baggage claim. They tracked me down based on seat assignment. I assume cabin cleaners found it. In fairness I was an elite flyer so maybe they made extra effort. For some reason, I don't get as drunk on UA as I do on DL so I haven't forgotten it on my UA flights! 😀
I left an iPod (yes, I wrote that correctly...remember those...this one was before there was such a thing as iPod classic) on an NW plane as I got off in MSP. I think it was probably 2007 or so. Realized as I got to the car rental counter. Ran back to see if there was someone who could get it...explained exactly where i left it. Hoping that happened before the aircraft continued on somewhere else.

Did find someone who agreed to look...came back empty handed despite me telling them exactly where it was. Not sure if the cleaners took it, another passenger took it, that employee did. Never saw it again.

On the other hand, there was a smartphone on my seat boarding a UAX flight in F a week ago from IAD....I know this flight was very late coming in, and even an agent outside handing out vouchers for hotels to those misconnecting. Thought maybe it was the crews - gave it to the FA, who asked the pilots, but no one claimed it. Don't know what happened to it after that...hope and assume it got sent to lost and found, but who knows.