FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - International Same Day Flight Change / SDFC / SDC / CDC (consolidated)
Old Jun 28, 2016, 2:06 pm
SpammersAreScum

Programs: BA Silver; Hilton Gold; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Abhinavt
Ok , glad you were able to actually understand my complicated itinerary :-)
I was hoping AA to let me miss my DUB to LHR segment as a no charge Same day Stand By! Has anyone had any success on international same day change.

On Domestic itineraries, I am usually able to get any reasonable change at the counter

As for Bags, I have them covered as the BA ticket is the same $$ to LON as DUB.
I think my response was too subtle.

1) I do not believe you will be allowed to drop the DUB-LHR segment and still fly the following LHR-JFK segment -- whether you SDFC or not -- without re-pricing.

2) If you have a ticket for A-B-C and decide not to fly B-C, you run the risk that problems with the A-B flight cause you and/or your luggage to be re-routed to C without stopping in B. Perhaps that's not likely for Asia-LON-DUB specifically, but still...

For example, my last trip was supposed to end with SIN-HKG-DFW-TPA. Due to delayed SIN-HKG, and subsequent delays, I ended flying SIN-HKG-SFO-DEN-TPA, and my luggage ended up going to LAX rather than SFO! If my plan had been to bail at DFW, too bad for me.