FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Did I do something wrong? Asking for a 2nd drink in C+.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:17 pm
dgtsf

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Delta Gold, Alaska 75K, United & American nobody b/c who'd ever fly them
Unhappy Did I do something wrong? Asking for a 2nd drink in C+.

On one of my routine DCA-MSP-SJC flights last week, I got a Y to WU upgrade and after a long 2 weeks in DC sillyland, I decided to have a free drink. After the drink run, snack baskets, and trash pickup, I didn't see a FA come by C+ at all for almost two hours. I pushed the call button as I wanted to politely ask for a cup of water and a 2nd drink.

Ms. Snooty comes up and asks, and I quote, "What's the emergency?" There was no fasten-seat belt sign on. No restrictions on moving about the cabin. I could think of no reason I had done something inappropriate here. I replied "I'm sorry, it's not an emergency, I was just wondering if I can get a water and a Sky Breeze". She made a face, turned around, and literally 10 minutes later came back with my drink. (I could see her standing around and chatting for most of that time in the F galley with her colleagues.)

She was less than friendly/helpful, but be that as it may, there've always been rude FAs over the years on all airlines, and I expect it once in a while. I'm just trying to figure out if I'm missing something. Are 2nd drinks not allowed in C+? Did I ask for something at an inappropriate time?

The only reason I ask is that I've had a couple other run-ins in recent weeks that left me curious. In one case I merely asked a FA who didn't appear at all busy if she wouldn't mind taking my trash so it could be thrown out. This was mid-flight and no service carts were going up or down the aisles, and she said I'd have to wait until the trash bag is taken through the cabin. In a similar situation, I asked a FA in the very back if she'd mind dumping a small bag of trash from my food container in the terminal area. I even brought the bag back to her with the request, and was told no, I'd have to wait until the FAs did a garbage run mid-flight.

Really? Am I missing some unwritten rule passengers are supposed to fly by? Anything I've done wrong here?