FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - First Time & Last Time by Air France, Singapore-Jakarta
Old Jun 27, 2016, 4:55 am
anak_negeri

Programs: GarudaMiles, KrisFlyer, FlyingBlue
First Time & Last Time by Air France, Singapore-Jakarta

Good day friends...

This is my first report on Flyertalk... Sorry for my bad English...

The trip was happened on February 23th 2016... that's why the title is First Time and Last Time, because 2 weeks after that AF cancelled its route to Jakarta... so pity...

now let's begin...

after spending my holidays in Singapore & Malaysia since February 18th, I had to go back to my hometown in Jakarta... I decided to fly with Air France since it offered a relatively cheap price at that time...

since my English isn't good enough, maybe I'll show you more photos than words...

btw this is the route description at Flightaware.com...
AF254 (Paris - Singapore - Jakarta)...

at around 2.30 PM, I arrived in the marvelous Changi Airport... there were 3 terminals (1, 2, 3) and AF would depart from terminal 1... since I went to Changi Airport by MRT, and the MRT station was adjacent to terminal 3, I had to take Auto Train or People Mover to terminal 1...

a brief view of terminal 3 check in counters... dominated by Singapore Airlines...

Auto Train / People Mover...

unfortunately, I forgot to take photos of AF check in counters, since I was so busy to arrange my bags... as Indonesian, we have something like "tradition", that we must bring any local souvenirs to our friends and relatives at home... we call it "oleh oleh"... and I bought too much "oleh oleh" that would excess baggage limit, so I have to arrange them properly...

and the check in counter gave me this one...

then I went straight to immigration counters and 1st security check... after that, I still had a short time to charge my cellphone... while waiting for that, there were nice views outside...

Cathay Pacific and Biman Bangladesh...

British Airways A380...

Xiamen Air and Jetstar... an UPS cargo jet also seen...

and the Scoot's 787 with special livery celebrating SG 50 (50th independence day of Singapore)...

an hour before boarding, I went to gate D42 (as seen on the boarding pass)... and the situation on my way to the gate was like this...

arriving in gate D42, there was 2nd security check...
this is the waiting room...

then I saw the AF Boeing 777-300ER, with its registration code F-GSQH, preparing for departure to take me and other passengers to Jakarta...

time to boarding... I went straight to my seat (32 A) that I had chosen through AF website... the situation inside F-GSQH cabin was like this...

the IFE system, available in French, English, Spanish, Italian, German, Portuguese, and Mandarin Chinese... nice appearance... also with USB and 3.5mm audio plug...

the headphone was like this...

then safety instructions video was shown on the IFE, in French and English...

and these are pictures I took while waiting to take-off...
SQ A330...

Cathay Pacific 777 behind us waiting to take-off...

KLM Amsterdam-Singapore-Denpasar and British Airways A380...

Cebu Pacific also in the line...

Tigerair...

Firefly ATR...

then finally our AF flew to the sky...

after taking off, I check the IFE but I was not interested with the IFE content since majority of them were French or European... there were only around 5 Asian dramas, and I was not familiar with all of them...

then I chosen to check the flight route...

around 15 minute after that, a cabin crew came to my seat, giving me a bread (I don't know it's name, something like sandwich)...

and a cup of cold cola...

I also checked the safety card and AF magazine...

finally it was 19 minutes before landing in Soekarno-Hatta Airport...

we could see a brief view of Jakarta...

reclamated land on Jakarta's offshore...

thanks God, finally we landed smoothly at 17.15 (Jakarta time, UTC +7) after 1 hours and 45 minutes journey from Singapore Changi Airport...

it was peak hour in Jakarta airport... there we could see 2 Garudas, the Boeing 747 one and the A330... the 747s were usually used for charter flights to Jeddah, Saudi Arabia...

Indonesia Air Asia X (IATA code: XT), A330...

Etihad with Manchester City livery, surrounded by 2 Japanese airlines: JAL & ANA...

Lion Air A330...

Qatar Airways and Emirates side by side...

Emirates A6-EPF, just arrived from Dubai...

finally we had to leave the cabin... before that, I captured the business class cabin...

unfortunately I couldn't capture the F-GSQH properly for the last time...

the Emirates...

then we went straight to immigration counter... after passing the immigration, we took our baggage...

finally I had to leave the airport by bus, going back to my home...

OK friends, this is my report... hope you enjoy it and give me suggestions so that I can make other trip reports better, since this is first time I write a flight report... Thanks...

Last edited by anak_negeri; Jul 1, 2016 at 8:36 pm