FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Waikoloa Village {US-HI}
View Single Post
Old Jun 27, 2016, 1:03 am
sophiashi

Good to read this. I debating between King's land and this one. King's land is better on price with free parking. How often is the shuttle between the two hotels? Is it worth paying the extras to enjoy the village?

Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
The last time we were there, we kept the 2x10% daily vouchers, lumped them together and using them for a beautiful sunset dinner st KPC. With the 11 hour time difference, I generally found we were up and out doing something before breakfast started anyway and most activities at that time of the morning included breakfast. For most people travelling to the island, the time difference will be significant, so that's worth bearing in mind.

With regards to the debate of the hotel or Kings' Land, I stayed in both a couple of years back - 2 bed deluxe apartment in Kings' Land and the Presidential Suite in the Dolphin Tower at the hotel, thanks to a deal they had offering it for 90,000 points per night.

I was impressed at just how nice the Kings' Land apartments were and the pool area is lovely. It's a little isolated, but most people staying there will have a car, so shouldn't be an issue.

The Hilton itself was also nice, but felt a little run down. The suite was gorgeous, but again, felt like it needed some attention. The one thing that sticks in my mind is just how big the place is! Going anywhere took 20 minutes just to get off property, by the time you got back to reception and picked up your car. I did love the lagoon area, though. It felt quite natural and it was great to be able to snorkel with fish and turtles.

My favourite place, mentioned already above, was Lava Lava. Get there early for happy hour, get an ocean front seat and just chill for the evening, drinking cocktails, enjoying snacks, listening to the music and watching the sun go down. Heavenly!

We're heading back in early August with some friends and couldn't get into the Waikoloa as it was sold out. However, I managed to get a 2 bed place at Kings' Land, which I'm perfectly happy with.