FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Citi AA Platinum, Gold and Business cards.
Old Jun 27, 2016, 12:03 am
carlitos

Programs: Some of them not all ...
Originally Posted by sdsearch
Which means those who live by themselves and have Citi AA cards are never likely to get mailers.

Meanwhile, that someone else has to be an AA member or at least have flown AA, right? I get lots of junk mail, including some credit card applications, from a previous tenant at my address, but never any Citi AA stuff, presumably because that previous tenant never belonged to AA FFP, maybe even never flew AA.
I said it before in this thread, but someone told me it might not be true and that they got mailers even after having opened plenty of AA Citi Cards.
I, of course, never get the mailers. But now I also got a lot of mailers for one of my European friends with whom I went to grad school here in the USA. He used to fly American Airlines 3 or 4 times a year while here, with an open AAdvantage account for the miles, and he has a Social Security number. When he return to his country last year, he asked me if he could use my address for his US Checking Account, as he stop renting in the USA. So he transferred his single cash back credit card and checking account to my address and set up paperless statements. Well, now he gets targeted every month for AA Citi MasterCard Of course, I told him he gets plenty of the mailers and he told me to shreds them or use them, as he will never apply for a US Credit Card unless one day he comes back to live in the US.
Also, my SO's mother in her own address always gets the mailers, and she flew only once this year, but holds an active AAdvantage Account too, where she credits her single flight every year. Of course, she also gets targeted every month or two months for the Citi AA card.
What do they both have in common??? Yes, they are both active AAdvantage Account holders that have never opened the Citi AA Credit Card
So currently I have enough mailers for a while
Hope this helps.